Areas of Practice
Mergers & Acquisitions
WE ADVISE you THROUGH out THE ENTIRE M&A PROCESS.
We provide advice on a full range of M&A transactions, including mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, spin-offs and divestitures. Our advisory practice is uniquely positioned with strategic perspectives on the economy and business. We offer proactive ideas, deep knowledge, and a network of relationships in the corporate and financial world with an enviable track record in corporate acquisitions and mergers.
Areas of expertise:
- Comprehensively advising companies on mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, cross-border deals and restructuring transactions
- Assisting companies in preliminary research and identifying prospective targets or buyers, structuring the transaction, handling due diligence, valuations, assisting the company in the negotiation process and executing the transaction
- Assisting the company in financing the transaction
WE help you ACCESS CAPITAL TO FUEL YOUR company's GROWTH.
Businesses need financing structures that will accommodate current and future growth. Securing appropriate debt or equity financing can be a tremendously difficult and time-consuming process. We structure and execute a comprehensive variety of financing transactions and provide leveraged finance and restructuring advisory services. Our transaction experience and existing contacts with funding sources enable an efficient assessment of an enterprise's funding prospects.
The Distinct Capital team assists companies seeking capital infusion in the form of growth capital, recapitalization, acquisition capital, senior debt, mezzanine debt, bridge financing and more.
We facilitate companies in each step of their capital raising plan with services including:
- Assisting preparation of a Confidential Information Memorandum for potential investors
- Assisting management in negotiations and discussions with strategic and financial investors
- Assisting in structuring the investments which could be in the form of equity, quasi-equity, debt or such other financial instruments
- Assisting the company in preparing for the pre-investment due diligence by the potential investor
- Assist in structuring the transaction and guiding management through the entire process leading to financial closure
WE UNDERSTAND THE CHALLENGES INVOLVED IN ENSURING A SUCCESSFUL TRANSITION.
The decision to sell or transition a family business can be the most important yet difficult decision an entrepreneur can make. We understand the factors involved at each stage of the succession planning process. Our strategic and financial advice helps to ensure a smooth and successful business transition.
We are entrepreneurs ourselves, having owned our own businesses and understand the challenges faced by our clients. Our role is to be your financial specialist throughout the transition process using our expertise and knowledge of the capital markets to identify and advise on the best available solutions.
Our role includes advising and executing on issues such as:
- Determining how much liquidity is required to meet your post transition objectives
- Preparing the company for sale to ensure exit-readiness
- Valuation – assessing the market potential and how to maximize value
- Identifying the best buyer for your company. This could include one of Family, Strategic, Financial, Management or a combination of these
- Managing the entire transition process including assembling and directing the team of professional advisors
Succession planning is a complex process that requires adequate preparation, a clear set of objectives and an executable plan. All business owners will exit the business at some point. The sooner the planning process is started, the more successful that transition will be.